IT System Administrator, (Charlotte/Huntersville, NC).
The IT System Administrator role plays a crucial part in ensuring employee productivity through the smooth operation and support of computer systems and associated peripherals. This role will be the primary point of contact for troubleshooting hardware, software, and network issues, ensuring that technology systems are operating effectively and efficiently. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support to all users within the organization to help optimize their productivity.
This is an outstanding opportunity to get involved with emerging technologies, along with exposure to a variety of rewarding and challenging initiatives. The role requires strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, and a customer-oriented approach. XenTegra prides itself in offering excellent career growth potential.
Roles and responsibilities
- Be available on-site at XenTegra’s headquarters (Huntersville, NC) during standard business hours.
- Respond to user inquiries, diagnose technical problems, and provide timely resolutions.
- Install, configure, and maintain hardware and software systems, including desktops, laptops, printers, and peripherals.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network connectivity issues, both wired and wireless.
- Collaborate with other IT team members to identify and escalate complex technical issues.
- Create and manage user accounts, permissions, and access rights in accordance with company policies.
- Perform regular system maintenance, including updates, patches, and backups.
- Educate and guide users on proper use of technology resources and software applications.
- Document and maintain accurate records of IT incidents, problems, and their resolutions.
- Stay updated with the latest trends and developments in technology to provide effective support and recommend improvements.
- Assist with the implementation of internal projects associated with corporate and/or business-related ventures.
Required Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in System Administration, Computer Networking, or otherwise relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a related role.
- Working knowledge of ITILv4 framework (ServiceNow preferred).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively assist users with technical issues.
- Self-driven and highly motivated; able to quickly grasp new concepts and requirements.
- Demonstrated customer service excellence in a technology-related industry.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting common computer and software issues.
- Familiarity with operating systems (Windows, macOS) and productivity software (Office365, AD, Azure).
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience working with ServiceNow (or equivalent) considered an asset
XenTegra is a global value-added reseller that enables its clients to deliver a simple, productive, and secure digital workspace, enabling users to work anytime, from anywhere, on any networks, on any device! We provide resources for a wide array of end-user computing projects as well as offer managed services, ongoing support, and product maintenance for new and established XenTegra clients. XenTegra partners with clients who have an investment in end-user computing solutions and are looking to get the most out of their product investments. Our close-knit partnership with Citrix, VMware, and Microsoft ensures that every XenTegra client is getting the most out of their software product investments.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.